Sunday, July 17, 2011

BEING PREMATURELY JUDGED DUE TO ETHNICITY?

Well, an acquaintance of mine asked me if I would be attending a banquet tonight... and I answered no. Then this acquaintance asked me to comfort him bc his parents would be there and they would most likely interrogate everyone.... and I told him to be glad I wasn't there bc I'm extremely liberal whilst his parents are strong conservatives.... and he replied that his parents already hate me. Ironically, his parents have never met me and have never engaged in conversation with me. I asked him why his parents possessed this feeling towards me... and he told me that his parents perceive me to be the stereotypical black person. I'm offended. First off, what is the stereotypical black person? And should I end all contact with this acquaintance?

No comments:

Post a Comment