Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Can you have a false negative with HSV2?

I recently had sex with someone I'm dating who happens to be an old friend. we used a condom, but I know he had an ex that had herpes. She was on suppressive therapy and hadn't had an outbreak in ten years. He has never had an outbreak. No one he has been with since has ever had an outbreak. I trust him on that. So as for me, I had been tested for everything about a year and a half ago, after a creepy ex, and had two paps and only dated one other person who I was with for over a year. He had only been with 3 other people and we always used condoms. I know that doesn't mean much. but trust me the dude was safe. So anyway this friend of mine and I had sex once with a condom, but he also ate me out, and within a day or two I was starting to have problems. I'm pretty in tune with my body, and I knew it wasn't normal. In a few days it went from UTI feeling to yeast infection feeling and one small blister on my erithra, but it really hurt. And then I was having night sweats and nausea and the kicker for me was that I had a sore throat and also just a tiny spot of watery orange, like watered down blood coming out not when I peed, but when i wiped, like from my pee hole. So I went straight to the doctor and got tested for HSV. It has only been a few days, and I'm concerned if the results come back negative that they could be wrong. So my question is... If you are showing clear symptoms, could a blood test miss it if you have it only for a short time?

No comments:

Post a Comment